The AOHNP offers scholarships for members attending events which contribute to their professional updating and continuing professional development.
The aim of the scholarship is to assist members in maintaining and improving their professional development, irrespective of their existing qualifications. This can be by a contributing towards the cost of their studies and research projects, attendance at study days etc.
In return for the scholarship the member would be expected to either speak at one of our events or prepare a short article for the OH Today journal.
Although these scholarships have been on offer for some years to all members few people actually apply for them even though the Board sets aside a substantial amount of money each year.
The AOHNP Board has agreed that in future:
– Activities (events, conferences, study days, projects etc.) with a contribution of up to £100 would be considered for a scholarship;
– The aim of the activity should be clearly defined in the publicity material;
– The content of the activity is evidence based and is innovative;
– The speakers / presenters demonstrate that they are appropriately qualified and experienced;
– The activity clearly contributes to practice development as opposed to practice requirements (e.g. the purpose of the scholarships are not to enable people to attend courses such as spirometry or audiometry training).
The Association offers up to £100 as a scholarship, therefore it is worth considering next time you want to attend a conference or study day.
So – please do contact us for an application form, and get applying. You never know you may be lucky, what have you got to lose? We all look forward to hearing how you got on. You can see other people’s experiences in previous issues of OH Today.